There is less than a week now until the summer tour kicks off! I can’t express how excited I am, but I suspect if you’re heading to any of the matches you’ll understand how I’m feeling.
If you’re already getting in the tour spirit, here are a few things you’ll want to do before Wednesday’s match in Seattle:
- If you’re coming from out of town, familiarize yourself with the city. Chelsea has a handy summary on their website and the Seattle Visitors’ Bureau has a user-friendly website with in-depth information on this fantastic city.
- Get your face on the tour flag. If you missed the opportunity to submit your photo via Facebook for the physical flag that will be heading to all the cities, it’s not too late to get it on the digital flag!
- Predict the score of the match through the club’s score predictor game.
- Set your DVR to record the match. Yes, that’s right, even though you’ll be there. I’ve started doing this so I can look back on the games once I get home, as sometimes I get so caught up in “being there” that I’ll miss little things. I was especially thankful I did last season when I was watching the Blues play in Swansea and had front-row seats behind the keeper.. I got to see myself on TV, flinching as a shot nearly smacked into us. It was a funny memory!
- RSVP and make plans to head to Fado Irish Pub before the match to meet your fellow fans and the members of Vancouver’s and Seattle’s Official Chelsea Supporters’ Group. Fado, on 1st Avenue, is “the best Seattle Irish pub and soccer sports bar offering Irish food, European draft beers and international sports.”
- Plan for the weather. As a resident of the Pacific Northwest I can tell you that it will likely be hot and sunny but there is always the possibility of a summer storm. Furthermore, being on the water, the area can get cool in the evenings. At the risk of sounding like your mum, I recommend you stay tuned to the forecast and make sure to bring a hat (you can buy one through the USA Megastore!) and sunscreen for the match, plus a light jumper for later.
- Stay tuned for tweets, Facebook updates, blog posts and photos from Miss SW6 in Seattle!
What do you think the highlights of this match will be? Chelsea were successful against the Sounders the last time the clubs met; do you think this time around will draw the same result? Do you think new signings like Eden Hazard could make their Chelsea debut at this game? If you haven’t been to Stamford Bridge in a while, are you crossing your fingers we’ll see our iconic Captain, Leader, Legend John Terry or the curly locks of the delightful David Luiz? Are you hoping to have a photo with the FA and Champions League cups? Or are you equally excited about the whole event?
The countdown until the tour has begun! See you in Seattle next week!
Written by Danielle
Please note : the views in many of our blogs are written by fans of Chelsea FC and are not necessarily the views of the club